I handweave my scarves and shawls in a smoke-free environment using highest quality yarns. Yarns I like to especially like to use include: cotton, tencel, merino, silk, and cashmere. Each item is woven with tlc. As well as custom designed tartans and plaids, my signature tartan is Winterbourne, and signature plaids are Avebury and Pomona.
To make a twisted fringe, I find it quicker and easier to use a fringe twister:
The steps for making a twisted fringe:
- Remove the yarn that was woven in to hold the yarn threads in order.
- Decide how many threads you want to be in each twisted group.
- Divide the group of threads into two.
- Twist both groups the same number of times in the same direction until the groups begin to twist back onto themselves.
- Tie the ends of the groups together at their ends.
- Let go!